Search This Blog

19 March 2009

Recipe

The other day we had a potluck breakfast at the office and I brought what I always bring, hashbrown casserole. One day I am going to change it up and suprise everyone but it always gets eaten quick so at least I know its enjoyed. And this time I went to the store to buy the ingredients and wound open only buying the ingredients; I only paid $10 for the ingredients. Wow, I normally walk out of Kroger with the 5 items I came for and 10 items that I didn't need, but did want. I always do that. I have some serious problem with money flying ofmy wallet faster than it can get in and it always seems to fly towards food. Arg! Anyways, my friend and co-worker Melissa, made this super delicious granola that easy to make and its has a "pun"ny name. She served it with both normal and greek vanilla yogurts. I think it would be delicious with a plain greek yogurt because of how sweet the granola already is. Throw in some fresh fruit and you have a scrumptious parfait to rival any store or restaurant purchased soggy parfait.

"Berry" Good Granola:
-2 cups rolled oats
-½ cup wheat germ
-3 Tbs. dark brown sugar
-¼ tsp. salt
-2 handfuls each – dried cherries, dried blueberries, dried cranberries
-1 handful sliced almonds
-½ cup maple syrup
-3 Tbs. canola oil
-1 Tbs. water
-1 ½ tsp. almond extract

Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Lightly coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In a saucepan, simmer together wet ingredients. Drizzle over the dry mixture and spread in baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally (if it is still too moist, cook longer at 10 minute increments stirring after each time). Cool. Enjoy alone or sprinkled atop plain yogurt.

No comments: