Search This Blog

20 March 2009

Recipe for Corn Salad

I love all things food. I love looking at cookbooks, reading recipes off the internet, and seeing food pictures. I also love to eat, but thats beside the point. When I see recipes that look good, I am so tempted to run out and immediatley make the dish, that I could possibly go broke for as many recipes that I see look good. I try to limit myslef, but its hard. I was persuing my friend and former boss, Christy's, blog Moon Dreams & Day Beams and saw this recipe. I have had it before but never realy attempted to figure out how to make it. Well now I don't have to because Christy has done that for me. I rushed out last night to get the ingredients and the dip was so good that it was all I ate for dinner. I did add jalepenos and cayenne but that is beacuse I like things hot. I also think this would be good as a hot dip with perhaps some sour cream in it as well. Christy actually crushes corn chips and mixes it in right bfeore she serves the dip, but I decided to just dip corn chips in the dip. I really hate anything soggy, though she promises if you mix it together at the last moment it wont get soggy. I have made and tested the dip and now I am giving it to you readers so you can have a fun new recipe. No pictures though, sorry.

CORN SALAD
2 (15 oz) cans whole kernel corn- drained
2 c grated cheddar cheese
1 c mayo
pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, Optional
Jalepenos (diced), Optional
1 bag corn chips or tortilla chips

Mix first 5 ingredients. Chill. Serve with corn chips or tortilla chips
This recipe may be made ahead of time.

No comments: