Search This Blog

06 May 2009

Lemon Spaghetti recipe

I told you I would hook you up with this recipe. I had been meaning to make this recipe ever since I bought Giada De Laurentiiss’ cookbook last year, but it seems that I never had fresh lemons or I always would use them before I got to this recipe. For once, I bought a lot of extra lemons and had all the other ingredients on hand (rare for me) so I decided to try this recipe out. The one thing I didn’t have was spaghetti but I did have a package of rotini and I figured that would be good to hold the sauce. The one thing I forgot to do when making this recipe was reserve some of the pasta water. Oh well I think it turned out pretty well anyways.

This recipe is very quick and takes very few ingredients which is always nice. Be sure and use the freshest ingredients because of the simplicity of the dish. If you use less then a pkg of pasta then tone down the rest of the ingredients. If you don’t like overly acidic foods, then either use less lemon juice or don’t make this dish.J This would be a great dish to accompany fish or just throw some cooked shrimp or chicken in with it. Good eats my friends!

Ingredients
-1 pkg of spaghetti or any noodle you prefer
-2/3 cup olive oil
-2/3 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Regiano
-1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
-Salt and freshly ground black pepper
-1 tablespoon lemon zest
-13 cup chopped fresh basil leaves

Directions
-Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally.
-Whisk the oil, Parmesan, and lemon juice in a large bowl to blend.
-Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
-Toss the pasta with the lemon sauce, and the reserved cooking liquid, adding 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten.
-Add salt and pepper to taste.
-Add lemon zest and basil and toss.

No comments: