Search This Blog

11 June 2009

Deeee-lcious Mushroom Shrimp

I am not going to bore you to tears with any pointless chatter today, so I am going to get straight to the point. No pictures either. Sucks I know. Maybe I will come back and re-post with pics whenever I get around to making this dish again. Its super easy and super quick and very tatsty and... I got nothing. My mom always made this recipe when my bro and I were young and she had shrimp. I remember sitting and peeling the shrimp with her at the table. You do what you gotta do when you want some skrimps in yo' belly. On to the recipe:

Ingredients
-1/2 lb shrimp per person. Lets just 2 lbs
-1 pkg mushrooms, sliced ( I prefer the button variety for this)
-1/2 cup cooking sherry
-1 8 or 10 oz pkg of sour cream (full fat, semi fat, fat free, they all work)
-1 can of Campbells Cream o'shroom soup
-salt and pepper to taste
- Rice, cooked

Steps
- Boil your shrimp in boiling water until shrimp are pink (do not over boil, should take 4-6 minutes or so)
-put can of soup, sherry, and mushrooms in a small pot and heat slowly. Once boiling and heated through add sour cream and remove from heat. Add salt and pepper now.
-Place shrimp on top of rice and pour sauce over serve.

You can also mix the shrimp, sour cream, sherry, mushrooms, and cream of mushroom soup together in a casserole dish and bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve on rice

No comments: