Search This Blog

15 December 2009

Poor Bullet

Bullet had to go back to Lifeline b/c Hobie is coming to stay for the holidays. As much as I love dogs I am not sure I could handle 3 crazy dogs in my house for the next month. That being said I did tell a friend I would keep his dog right around Christmas but hopefully it will be short and sweet. It will be nice to get the Hobster back; Bella and I miss him:( Funny thing I never told y'all... Hobie is a rather chunky yellow lab or he used to be. He was a chubster when he came to stay with me all summer but despite me feeding him less that normal he gained another 10 lbs at my house bringing his fattiness to 100 lbs- more than Bella the great dane weighs. David picked him up, took him to the vet, and found out he has hypo thyroidism (or perhaps hyper; can't really remember now). He was put on this crazy small amount of food and started taking pills so that he would lose the weight- very important since he already has arthritis at age 4 and extra weight makes the pain worse. While he was on this insanely small amount of food he came to stay with me for a week or so. During this time he ate a couple of atypical things; Bella's hemp collar which I found out he ate after he puked it up on my floor in the night and the book "The Botany of Desire" which was lent to me by a friend. I found the book the next day when he was shitting out readable pages. Apparently now that he has lost 20 lbs ( YAY Hobie!!!) and is back on a little more food he has stopped eating crazy things but here's to hoping.



** I should also mention that when Hobie was a puppy he hardly chewed anything- very shocking for a lab. The only 2 things we ever found him chew was the cord to a lamp I owned and my book "Memoirs of a Geisha". Let me ask you a rhetorical question.... Why in the hell did he only chew on my shit; he never once touched anything of Davids but only picked out my things? Is that odd?

Anyhoo I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoyed this rather pointless story;)

No comments: