Search This Blog

01 December 2009

For Tres

This post is for my friend Tres- who today asked my why I haven't updated this bad boy. Honestly, I haven't been updating it due to the lack of news in my life and the fact that I didn't think anyone actually followed it:( Oh well- I do have big news- a brand new house in the Big C. Just moved to a cute 2 bed/1 bath 1920's bungalow behind a huge mill-turned-loft in downtownish Atlanta. I finally have a kitchen that more than 1 person can stand in together and a backyard. I will post pictures some time soon. The house needs a bit of finesse but other than that it's pretty damn cute. Oh and yesterday I put up a Hanukkah bush ( formerly known as a pitiful Christmas tree). The "Bush" is very Charlie Brown Christmas in appearance but is not quite so scraggly. I will try and take some pics for you tonight. I will try and keep more up-to-date on things, if only for Tres checking in on my random mumblings. Anyways- have a fabulous day y'all. Oh and let me put the recipe to this delicious Kale, Mushroom, White Bean, Potato Soup. Made it last night and it was the bees knees- this coming from a woman who HATES cooked greens. Anyways I will try and talk to you peeps soon as well as post some newer and better pics.

Kale, Mushroom, White Bean, Potato Soup ( just call it KMWBP)

1 lb kale chopped (or if you hate kale, another leafy green)
3 onions chopped
about 2 lbs mushrooms sliced
6 cloves garlic minced
8 cups bouillon of your choice (or canned/boxed broth)
1 - 2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 can white beans, other beans also work
2 potatoes grated
freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp fresh thyme - lemon thyme is great in this

Put the kale in the bouillon and simmer about 20 minutes. Add the onions, garlic and red pepper flakes and simmer until the kale tender. Add thyme, beans and potatoes and simmer another 15 minutes. Add mushrooms and serve.

Congrats Matt and Tracey Leff!!!




No comments: