Search This Blog

02 July 2009

Want some salsa.. don't you wanta, want some salsa?

The title above is meant to be sung to the tune of the fanta song. I was holding off on my ultra-fab ( yeah, I went there) homemade salsa recipe because I was planning on having a dip week on here. Since that didn't happen I decided that screw dip week, I really need to post a new recipe. I am gonna forewarn you.. this salsa recipe is bad ass. I normally hate tomatoes and chunky salsas so keep that in mind. It is also completely made to my taste buds so feel free to change anything. I never measure of the ingredients in this bad guy so go with your instinct and do what you want. Have fun and get dirty. Oh and did I forget to tell you, I burned out my tiny food processor by mixing some gazpacho in it and the stuff poured out the sides into the motor. Looks like I wont be making salsa for a while. I need to get a real food processor because the one I always used was a mini one made to chop nuts. Don't forget some salsa for the 4th o' July. While y'all will be pooling, salsaing, and laking it up, I will be slaving away, walking dogs in the hot sun. Keep me in your thoughts. I will keep you in mine:)

Stephanie's Kick Ass Salsa.. the best there ever was.

Ingredients
1 can chopped tomatos ( or any type you want, I normally go chopped with onions)
1/2 onion chopped hard
2 cloves of garlic sliced
some bunches of cilantro, chopped
1-2 jalapenos depending on how much heat you want
1/2 lime, juiced
salt and pepper to taste
Throw tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapenos, and lime juice into a blender or food processor and pulse until the salsa is not chunky anymore. Don't go too much because you want a little bit of junk but you want the consistency more like mexican restuarant salsa. ONce finished pulsing/blending, pour in a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste as well as the chopped cilantro. You will probably need at least 1/2 tbsp of salt if not more. If the salsa isn't spicy enough add more diced jalapenos or add red pper flkes or tabasco. The tabasco will change the taste a slight bit. Enjoy mi amigos.

1 comment:

christy said...

I can't believe you made this. You are so awesome. I wanna, want some salsa.