Search This Blog

21 September 2011

My first REAL pro photog job

I am veering away from my typical bitchy posts about my weight, other people, and how lazy I can be to tell you some exciting news. Well let's just say semi-exciting since I don't want to lose my negative edge that some say I carry around like Linus and his blanket. Anyhoo.. I shot my first paid photography gig this weekend. What what!!! Granted I have done 3 different pregnancy photo shoots and one wedding. but all were done for friend pay which equals nothing of monetary value. This one was done for real money, of which I am rolling in nekkid as we, or better yet I, type. I shot the 50th wedding anniversary of Larry and Olivia; an ultra-sweet couple who were married while Olivia was still attending high school. They were married by the Justice of the Peace with no family present. At the party their kids threw them a surprise renew-your-vows ceremony including a veil, bouquet, and wedding cake. Olivia's mother was also at the ceremony. It was a perfect party for a perfect couple and I enjoyed every minute of it. I will try and post some pictures once I finish editing them.


Other than my one paid gig I am just hanging tough. I have a great project I want to share with y'all soon, but I have to get the item back and take pictures of it. Just wait until you see what I sort-of, kind-of did.



Lady, my former foster dog, is back on the market. She lived with a nice couple for a few months, but it didn't work out so now she needs a new home without small children. If you know anyone who is interested please have them contact Smoky Mountain Great Dane Rescue. She is no longer living with me due to my own dog issues, but they do adopt in the greater Atlanta area.




112/365


































No comments: