Search This Blog

23 April 2013

Kitchen Confidential

Well, my kitchen is finally finished and my house is mostly back in order, other than the massive amounts of art that haven't been rehung.  I wanted to show you some after shots of the space as well as some comparison views.  First off, the remodel took a lot longer than it should have.  This isn't due to the kitchen, but due to massive amounts of rotting wood hidden behind the bathroom walls and under the bathroom floor.  Yay 93 year old house! Here is the link back to my last kitchen post.  I will post about the bathroom next time.

Anyhoo, the things I redid this time (I had already repainted bottom cabinets grey, replaced hardware, and painted the fridge):
-New counter tops (On the main stretch it was a lovely patterned Formica and it is now Glacier White Corian, on the microwave stretch is it is now butcher block)
-New sink (went from a shallow 5 inch two bowl, to a 9 inch one bowl)
-New faucet (short to crazy tall)
-Microwave is up on a shelf (not wasting valuable space)
-White subway tile back splash with dark grey grout (possibly my favorite feature)
-Ceiling and walls painted pale grey
-New track lighting
-Open shelving repainted white (still need to do the inside of the dish area open shelving)

Last things that need to be done are to get a new range, hang up artwork, paint the insides of the main open shelving, and paint the upper cabinets and put new hardware on them.  Then I can call this kitchen finished.

Here are the pictures (click on any pictures to make them bigger):






And some comparison shots of what the kitchen either looked like before I bought the house or before this round of work was done (click on any pictures to make them bigger):











5 comments:

priscilla said...

I found you on Apartment Therapy. I love what you've done with the place!

Anonymous said...

I love this. I saw it on pinterest. Would you mind sharing your paint color. Thanks,

Stephie Z said...

Thanks Priscilla!

Anon: the color is winter white from benjamin moore: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/winterwhite

Anonymous said...

Great job! What color are those cabinets? They are perfect. Love everything about your kitchen..and the penny tile in the bath.

Stephie Z said...

If I remember correctly the bottom cabinets are dark pewter by Behr ultra.