Search This Blog

10 December 2010

So long..

Both Thanksgiving and Hanukkah have come and gone without mention on my blog. As a matter of fact, not a whole lot has been on the blog in the past month and for that I apologize. Here is a song that will make it up:



For a quick recap of the past 3 weeks:
-Friends potluck at my house rocked. Sadly, we didn't manage to finish the keg [hanging my head in shame], but we did eat a lot of good food and drink a lot of PBR. "Some" of us tried to work on the keg Sunday in the warm fall sun, but it was not meant to be.

-Thanksgiving: Ate lots of turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, and roasted winter vegetables (I made it and they were del-fucking-liscious) . I also worked my arse off, pet sitting like crazy. I had about 22 petsits on Saturday after T-day. It was cold, I was cold, but I made bank so all was worth it.

-Boot camp: Just started it up again 2 weeks ago. I have one five day week left. The first week was HARD. I did a cross fit workout on the first day and couldn't walk without major pain the rest of the week. It was so bad that I had to hold on to the toilet in order to sit down. TMI right? Second week has been cold as hell. standing around at 5:45 am in the 20 degree weather, waiting to workout is hard. I did it, but I didn't like it. I am getting some energy back which is awesome.

-Hanukkah: Lit the candles nightly and hosted a dinner for the fam on the 5th day. It went off without a hitch. I made chicken stuffed with arugula and goat cheese, quinoa with cherries and pistachios, sweet potato and regular latkes from SCRATCH, and roasted asparagus. I did flip my latkes in the air and say "Heyyyyyoooo, light the dreiiiiiiidel" and I think it might have made them taste even better than normal. Just in case you were wondering, Hanukkah Harry hooked me up with a yard package. The pops and I will be redoing the yard come spring. Yay! and my yuppified picket fence is up. It hasn't been painted white yet, but once the weather gets warm enough to fry eggs on the concrete it will be.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: